Credentials & experience you can trust.
Personalized specialty care you deserve.
Dr. Nojan Bakhtiari, DDS, FAAOP
TMJ, Oral and Facial Pain Specialist
Dr. Nojan Bakhtiari is a board-certified TMJ and Oral Facial Pain specialist. He focuses his practice on TMJ disorders, oral pain, facial pain and associated headaches. He treats patients in New York City. His practice is conveniently located in midtown Manhattan three blocks from Grand Central Terminal.
Dr. Bakhtiari shares his in-depth knowledge of the TMJ and facial pain at Yale-New Haven Hospital as a clinical attending and course director. He is one of very few diplomates of the American Board of Orofacial Pain and a Fellow of the American Academy of Orofacial Pain.
As an expert in the field, he has been invited to lecture at New York University College of Dentistry, New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, New York State Dental Association, Woodhull Hospital, Lincoln Medical Center, and numerous dental societies and conferences (including Greenwich and Stamford Dental Societies, New Haven Dental Association, Connecticut Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, New England Dental Society Annual Meeting).
He is a past professor of Orofacial Pain & TMJ at the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, where he led the clinical service and academic curricula for the entire university and residency programs.
Who should see Dr. Bakhtiari?
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should schedule a consultation:
• TMJ pain
• Lock jaw, limited jaw opening or jaw popping
• Teeth grinding (bruxism) and clenching
• Muscle spasms of the jaw, head and neck
• Myofascial pain
• Ear pain without any ear pathology
• Trigeminal neuralgia
• Burning Mouth Syndrome
• Traumatic trigeminal neuropathies following an injury or surgical procedure
What are treatment options offered by Dr. Bakhtiari?
Dr. Bakhtiari offers the best and advanced treatment options available for TMJ, facial pain, oral pain and headaches. Treatments offered by Dr. Bakhtiari are personalized to you, and may include:
• Oral appliance therapy (custom mouthguards, nightguards, splints)
• Therapeutic injections
• Nerve blocks
• Trigger point injections of the muscle
• Steroid injections of the TM joint and tendons
• Botox for nerve pain, jaw pain and headaches
• Therapeutic ointments and medication for oral, facial and TMJ pain