What To Expect At Your First Visit To Our Office
What to expect at your first visit to our office
At your first visit to our office, Dr. Bakhtiari and his team will thoroughly examine your jaw, face, TMJ, bite and mouth. He will determine the source and cause of your discomfort, and devise a customized treatment solution that will work for you.
The initial consultation includes:
- Review of your medical history
- Detailed evaluation of your pain, discomfort and/or other symptoms
- Cranial nerve screening
- Muscle palpation of the muscles of your jaw, head and neck
- TMJ evaluation: evaluating the health of your jaw joints including their range of motion, tenderness and any clicking/popping sounds
- Additional imaging if necessary: X-rays, panoramic, CT scans, MRIs
- Additional testing as needed: diagnostic topical anesthetics, muscle and nerve blocks, blood tests
We will identify the source of your discomfort and devise a treatment plan to provide you with relief.